Terms of Service
Last Updated: 7 April 2021
Please Read Carefully Before Using This Website: The following terms of service (“Terms of Service”) govern your use of the ONcast website (the “Site”) and the ONcast web-based, video meeting service accessed through the Site (“Service”), both of which are operated by ONcast LLC, an Arizona Limited Liability Company (“ONcast” or “we”). By using the Site and/or the Service, you irrevocably agree that such use is subject to these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, you may not use the Site or the Service. If you are entering into these Terms of Service on behalf of an entity, you are binding such entity to these Terms of Service, you represent that you have the actual authority to bind such entity to these Terms of Service, and references to “you” mean such entity. For purposes hereof, the “Site” includes all subdomains and components of the ONcast website, including without limitation the ONcast Community.
- ONcast Content. The information, materials (including, without limitation, HTML, text, audio, video, white papers, press releases, data sheets, product descriptions, software and FAQs and other content) available on the Site and/or the Service, excluding Third Party Content (collectively, “ONcast Content”), are the copyrighted works of ONcast, and ONcast expressly retains all right title and interest in and to the ONcast Content, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights therein and thereto. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms of Service, any use of the ONcast Content may violate copyright and/or other applicable laws.
- Limited Site Content License. ONcast grants you the limited, revocable, non-transferable, non-exclusive right to use the ONcast Content and Third Party Content (collectively, “Site Content”) by displaying the Site Content on your computer, and downloading and printing pages from the Site containing Site Content, under the condition that (i) such activity is solely for your personal, education or other noncommercial use, (ii) you do not modify or prepare derivative works from the Site Content, (iii) you do not obscure, alter or remove any notice of copyright set forth on any Site pages or Site Content, (iv) you do not otherwise reproduce, re-distribute or publicly display any of the Site Content and (v) you do not copy any Site Content to any other media or other storage format. No other use of the Site Content is authorized. Except as specified above, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, or otherwise any license or right under any patent, trademark, copyright or any other intellectual property right of ONcast or any third party. All Site Content is provided for informational purposes only.
- Trademarks. ONcast, the ONcast Logo and all ONcast product names are trademarks and services marks of ONcast (collectively “ONcast Trademarks”), and nothing in these Terms or the Service shall be construed as granting any license or right to use the ONcast Trademarks without ONcast’s prior written consent. All trademarks, service marks and logos included on the Site (“Marks”) are the property of ONcast or third parties, and you may not use such Marks without the express, prior written consent of ONcast or the applicable third party.
- Monitoring of Site Content and use of Service. ONcast reserves the right, but does not undertake the obligation, to monitor use of the Site and/or the Service, and to investigate and take appropriate legal action against any party that uses the Site in violation of these Terms of Service or applicable law. ONcast reserves the right to accept, reject or modify any Site Content or User Content, but assumes no liability based on its acceptance, rejection, modification or failure to modify any Site Content or User Content.
- Copyright Infringement. As a condition of your right to use the Site and the Service, you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Accordingly, you agree not to upload or post to the Site or the Service any copyrighted materials, trademarks or other proprietary information belonging to any third party without the prior written consent of the applicable third party. You acknowledge that ONcast will terminate your access to the Site and/or the Service if you repeatedly infringe the copyright of third parties. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been illegally uploaded or posted on the Site or the Service, you may send a written notice to ONcast at firstname.lastname@example.org, and ONcast will respond pursuant to its Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) procedure. ONcast’s DMCA procedure is in accordance with that suggested by DMCA, the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office web site http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf. ONcast reserves all rights to seek damages and fees associated with infringement and/or fraud.
- USE OF SERVICES AND YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES.
You may only use the Services pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
You are solely responsible for Your and Your End Users’ use of the Services and
shall abide by, and ensure compliance with, all Laws in connection with Your
and each End User’s use of the Services, including but not limited to Laws
related to recording, intellectual property, privacy and export control. Use of
the Services is void where prohibited.
- Use of Service. You may use the Service and/or Site only in accordance with these Terms of Service and only for lawful purposes. You are responsible for your own communications, including the upload, transmission and posting of information, and are responsible for the consequences of their posting on or through the Service or Site.
- Your Content. You agree that You are solely responsible for the content ("Content") sent or transmitted by You or displayed or uploaded by You in using the Services and for compliance with all Laws pertaining to the Content, including, but not limited to, Laws requiring You to obtain the consent of a third party to use the Content and to provide appropriate notices of third party rights. You represent and warrant that You have the right to upload the Content to ONcast and that such use does not violate or infringe on any rights of any third party. Under no circumstances will ONcast be liable in any way for any (a) Content that is transmitted or viewed while using the Services, (b) errors or omissions in the Content, or (c) any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to Content. Although ONcast is not responsible for any Content, ONcast may delete any Content, at any time without notice to You, if ONcast becomes aware that it violates any provision of this Agreement, or any law. You retain copyright and any other rights You already hold in Content which You submit, post or display on or through, the Services.
- Prohibited Conduct. You agree not to use the Site or the Service
for: (i) posting any (1) information which is incomplete, false, inaccurate or
not your own, (2) trade secrets or material that is copyrighted or otherwise
owned by a third party unless you have a valid license from the owner which
permits you to post it, (3) material that infringes on any other intellectual
property, privacy or publicity right of another, (4) advertisement, promotional
materials or solicitation related to any product or service that is competitive
with ONcast products or services or (5) software or programs which contain any
harmful code, including, but not limited to, viruses, worms, time bombs or
Trojan horses; (ii) impersonating another person; (iii) engaging in or
encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to
civil liability or otherwise violate any city, state, national or international
law or regulation, or which fails to comply with accepted Internet protocol;
or (iv) transmitting or transferring (by any means) information or software
derived from the Site or the Service to foreign countries or certain foreign
nations in violation of US export control laws. In addition, you agree not to
violate or attempt to violate the security of the Site, the Service or ONcast’s
system or network security, including, without limitation, the following: (w)
accessing data not intended for users of the Site or the Service, or gaining
unauthorized access to an account, server or any other computer system; (x)
attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or
to breach security or authentication measures; (y) attempting to interfere with
the function of the Site, the Service, host or network, including, without
limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading,
“flooding”, “mailbombing”, “crashing”, or sending unsolicited e-mail, including
promotions and/or advertising of products or services; or (z) forging any
TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or
newsgroup posting or (6) transmitting, importing, uploading, or incorporating
any financial or medical information of any nature, or any sensitive personal
information (e.g., Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers,
birth dates, personal bank account numbers, passport or visa numbers,
credit card numbers, passwords and security credentials). Violations of the
Site’s, the Service’s or ONcast’s system or network security may result in
civil or criminal liability.
In addition, you agree not to, directly or indirectly: (A) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, object code or underlying structure, ideas or algorithms of the Service or any software, documentation or data related to or provided with the Service (“Software”); (B) modify, translate, or create derivative works based on the Service or Software; or copy (except for archival purposes), rent, lease, distribute, pledge, assign, or otherwise transfer or encumber rights to the Service or Software; (C) use or access the Service to build or support, and/or assist a third party in building or supporting, products or services competitive to ONcast; (D) remove any proprietary notices or labels from the Service or Software; or (E) otherwise use the Service or Software outside of the scope of the rights expressly granted herein. You agree to use the Service and Software only for your own internal business operations, and not to transfer, distribute, sell, republish, resell, lease, sublease, license, sub-license or assign the Service or use the Service for the operation of a service bureau or timesharing service.
- Payment, Taxes, Refund Policy.
Some features of the Service may only be accessed and used
upon the payment of applicable fees. These fees may vary depending on usage
in accordance with our current pricing policy. Your total price will include
the price of the product plus any applicable tax;
such tax is based on the bill-to address and the tax rate in effect at the time
All sales are final.
Prices for products offered via the Services may change at any time, and the Services do not provide price protection of refunds in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering.
If a product becomes unavailable following a transaction but prior to use, your sole remedy is a refund. If technical problems prevent or unreasonably delay delivery of your product, your exclusive and sole remedy is either replacement or refund of the price paid, as determined by ONcast.
- NO WARRANTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ONCAST EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ONCAST MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES, REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET ANY USER'S REQUIREMENTS, OR BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE. USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOU RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES REMAINS WITH YOU. ONCAST DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR RETENTION OF ANY USER INFORMATION OR COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. ONCAST CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE SERVICES. USE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Termination. ONcast may terminate your access to Site and/or these Terms of Service at any time and for any reason upon notice to you. We may also suspend our Service to you at any time, with or without cause.
- Suggestions. You hereby grant to ONcast a royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sublicenseable, irrevocable, perpetual license to use or incorporate into the Site and/or the Service any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback provided by you to ONcast that is related to the Site and/or the Service.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement and understanding between the parties concerning the subject matter hereof, notwithstanding any different or additional terms that may be contained in the form of purchase order or other document used by you to place orders or otherwise effect transactions hereunder, which such terms are hereby rejected. Neither party may assign these Terms of Service without the prior written approval of the other, such approval not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed, provided that such approval shall not be required in connection with an assignment to an affiliate or to a successor to substantially all of such party’s assets or business related to these Terms of Service. These Terms of Service supersede all prior or contemporaneous discussions, proposals and agreements between you and ONcast relating to the subject matter hereof. No amendment, modification or waiver of any provision of these Terms of Service will be effective unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of both parties. If any provision of these Terms of Service is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect and such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible so as to effect the intent of the parties and will be reformed to the extent necessary to make such provision valid and enforceable. No waiver of rights by either party may be implied from any actions or failures to enforce rights under these Terms of Service. These Terms of Service are intended to be and are solely for the benefit of ONcast and you and do not create any right in favor of any third party. These Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Maricopa County, without reference to its conflict of laws principles. The Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act will not apply to this Agreement. All disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of a court of competent jurisdiction located in Tempe, Arizona, and each party irrevocably consents to such personal jurisdiction and waives all objections to this venue.